Our commitment to you
Ontario Parks Commitment to its Donors
When you contribute to the Lasting Gift program you are making a generous donation to Ontario Parks. We understand that you want to know that your money is being managed and spent wisely.
Here is our commitment to you:
- You will receive an acknowledgement and tax receipt for every donation over $10.
- Money donated to Ontario Parks will not be used for day-to-day park operations or routine expenditures.
- Every dollar that you donate will go towards a special project. The small cost to administer the Lasting Gift program will come from Ontario Parks’ regular operating budget.
- We will report back to you on how your donation is spent. An annual report will be published on this website that will explain exactly how all donations are used.
- You can choose how your donation is spent. You can direct your donation to enhancing biodiversity, engaging youth or improving trails. If you would like to support a different area, such as a project at an individual park or a Friends group, you can choose to do that too. We just ask that you please contact us and a representative will help you to direct your gift.